The RP Data-Rismark February Home Value Index results released today revealed that dwelling values across the combined capital cities recorded no change over the month, with Sydney, Hobart and Darwin the only capital cities to record a lift in dwelling values.
Highlights over the three months to January 2014:
- Best performing capital city: Hobart, 7.9 per cent
- Weakest performing capital city: Darwin, -1.2 per cent
- Highest rental yields: Darwin houses with gross rental yield of 6.1 per cent and Darwin units at 6.0 per cent
- Lowest rental yields: Melbourne houses with gross rental yield of 3.4 per cent and Melbourne units at 4.2 per cent
- Most expensive city: Sydney with a median dwelling price of $610,000
Most affordable city: Hobart with a median dwelling price of $325,000